The Family Centre (Deaf Children) is a registered charity (1196287)
We are a small local charity based in Bristol , we welcome all families who are living with a hearing loss from mild to profound. Some members use British Sign Language, and some do not. We provide a BSL Interpreter at all our activity sessions and workshops to ensure that we are accessible to all.
What we aim to achieve
- Improve family cohesion within the families of deaf children.
- Improve communication within families.
- To develop children’s deaf identity , self confidence and self esteem
- To reduce isolation, increase socialisation and strengthen links with the community of deaf children and their families.
- Improve deaf awareness within families and the community.
We provide a range of support services that include;
- Fun and educational activity programmes for families, children and young people.
- Advocacy support
- Individual support
- Family sign